DepressionDepression negatively affects how you feel, the way you think and how you act. Luckily, it is also treatable and responds well to hypnotherapy. Depression causes feelings of sadness and/or a loss of interest in activities once enjoyed. It can lead to a variety of emotional and physical problems and can decrease a person’s ability to function at work and at home.
Depression symptoms can vary from mild to severe and can include:
- Feeling sad or having a depressed mood
- Loss of interest or pleasure in activities once enjoyed
- Changes in appetite — weight loss or gain unrelated to dieting
- Trouble sleeping or sleeping too much
- Loss of energy or increased fatigue
- Increase in purposeless physical activity (e.g., hand-wringing or pacing) or slowed movements and speech (actions observable by others)
- Feeling worthless or guilty
- Difficulty thinking, concentrating or making decisions
- Thoughts of death or suicide
During hypnotherapy we would target the root cause of the issues that are making you depresses, and help you develop better coping behaviours. Hypnotherapy aims to improve your self-esteem, mood and help you gain your independence back. A recent article in the British Journal of Medicine found that hypnotherapy was more effective at treating depression than other therapies such as CBT.
You can expect to find lasting change after 4-6 sessions, though sometimes it does take a little longer.
Why not phone or email me now to have a no obligation chat about how we can work together to change your thoughts, change your feelings and change your life. My number is 07484 370296 or use the contact form to send me a message, and let me know a convenient time to get in touch with you.