What is Mindful Hypnobirthing?Mindful Hypnobirthing is a complete, in-depth, birth preparation course for expectant parents, designed to release fear and build confidence during birth. Mindful Hypnobirthing gives you the knowledge and the tools to have the best natural child birth for you.
So often women suffer anxiety and fear around giving birth, and this can be because they lack the deeper understanding and knowledge of what is involved in birth to be able to make informed choices and decisions. You need information and knowledge in order to get the best from the system in which you find yourself. You need to understand the implications of the choices you may be required to make. Most of all, you need to release fear and learn to trust your body, your instinct, and your baby.
Benefits of Mindful Hypnobirthing for Your Baby and You
- You are likely to experience a more comfortable and sometimes pain free birth.
- Your baby will arrive to a serene and relaxed environment, alert and ready to bond with you as nature intended.
- Length of labour is often much shorter with Hypnobirthing births.
- Less drugs and medical intervention are used in Hypnobirthing births allowing your baby to develop naturally and easily after they arrive.
- Mums often bounce back quicker after a Hypnobirthing birth as the physical impact of giving birth is reduced.
- Your birth partner will learn how to support you and have a central and active role in the birth. A truly shared and loving experience.
What will you learn on the course?
- Breathing exercises
- Deep relaxations
- Very effective work to release fear and build confidence
- Comforting massage
- How the father can be your powerful protector and support
- How your body is designed to give birth with efficiency and comfort
- Knowledge and information about the whole process
- How ‘the system’ that you find yourself in works, and how to work with it to achieve the best result for you
- A simple practice regime to support you at home
- Understanding how the mind and body work together
What Course Materials Am I Given?
- The Mindful Hypnobirthing pack that includes handouts and further reading.
- The Mindful Hypnobirthing course relaxation CD.
- A folder of handouts and scripts to guide your practice at home
Does the Father/Birth Partner Need to Come to Hypnobirthing Too?He doesn’t, but he will be very glad if he did. Most fathers arrive at the course utterly sceptical and leave extremely enthusiastic. We don’t expect you to believe in it. Why should you? We do ask you to listen to the facts and the logic so you understand how important it is and the difference you as a father or birth companion can make. Have a look at the birth reports from fathers, and you can benefit from their experience.
The caricature of a father at a birth is someone who is nervous, feeling responsible for the situation she is in, holding her hand and wishing he could help, but not knowing what to do.
A mindful hypnobirthing father is knowledgeable and able to support his partner as she gives birth. He is a huge asset in the birthing room, and many mothers say, ‘I couldn’t have done it without him.’ They have practised before the birth which brings them closer together, and he knows he has played an important part in how his baby enters the world. This deepens their relationship as a couple, and his relationship with his child.
Will Mindful Hypnobirthing Work for Me if I Come on My Own?Yes, definitely. Many women have come to the course on their own if they have a husband who is away on business, as a single mum, if it’s a second baby and they can’t find a babysitter for their elder child, or any other reason. Just remember that Mindful Hypnobirthing works, and you are very welcome.
And After the Course – What Then?Please call or email if you feel stressed, are put under pressure, or I can help in any way.
When Should I Do The Mindful Hypnobirthing CourseGiven the choice, I would advise doing the course in the second trimester of your pregnancy so you can enjoy the benefits during your pregnancy as well as at the birth of your baby. It is not so much a matter of learning facts so they are fresh in your mind, but more a matter of absorbing the information so that it becomes second nature, but Mindful Hypnobirthing works whenever you do it. I have taught a woman who gave birth two days later, and it worked perfectly well.
Does the fee cover both of us?Yes, there is no additional charge for the father/birth partner, and most fathers do come to support their partners.
What areas do I cover?Sessions can be in either my quiet relaxing home, or in your home in Opington, Bromley, Sevenoaks, Croydon, Dartford and surrounding areas. Please phone 07484 370296 or email email@example.com for more details.
Facebook groupWhy not join the Hypnobirthing with Linda Mortimer facebook group, where you can find out more about hypnobirthing, hear about upcoming events and share tips and ideas with other expectant parents. Just follow the link below:
What do people say about Hypnobirthing?Below is a great video where people who have used hypnobirthing talk about their experiences (opens in a new window)